Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pinstriping Tool For Rims?

Has anyone ever seen one of these? I found this at an estate auction a few months ago and at the time I had no idea what it was. Then one pops up on ebay and it says it's a pinstriping tool for bicycle rims. Thought i'd see if anyone here has ever seen or used one before?
    Here are some pictures.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	89744 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	89745 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	89747
    Here is the link to the one on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/370781119784...84.m1438.l2649
    Let me know what you think. It does have interchangable wheels for differnt width of pinstriping. thats what the two other wheels at the bottom are for.

Never used one but may be bidding on the one on ebay. Looks pretty neat.
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

Current Projects: 1915 Sears Chief, 1927 Stutz Motor-Bike, & 1930 Columbia Archbar

Current Riders: 1930 Hartford Camelback, Late 1950's Girardengo Twin Bar (made in Italy), & 1961 Huffy Eldorado custom beach cruiser

Wants: Depends on the day you ask.......

GARY MC

I have one of the glass bottle ones, and it works very well on bike rims and fenders. I upgraded to a Beugler striper and it works even better.

Yes i had one and sold it up at dudley ma. a few years ago.It works great but it takes practice.The hardest part is getting the paint to the right thickness.
    GENE

What kinda value? I only gave $5.00 for it, The one on ebay is at $71.00 but this one has extra wheels, head parts and an extra bottle. Any thought as to what the value might be?
    Thanks, JKent

Yikes! I'd cheerfully sell mine for 71.00- I paid something like $5.00 for it t the auto parts store in the 1980's... The Beuglers are MUCH better tool, and seem to go for around 50-75.00 used on eBay. They are about double that new. They do not leak as badly as the cheapies , the paint feeds better and they come with a wide selection of striping wheels. Either use One Shot signainters paint, or just thicken up any enamel with talcum powder or dry pigment to make a heavy cream consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gorman View Post
    Yikes! I'd cheerfully sell mine for 71.00- I paid something like $5.00 for it t the auto parts store in the 1980's... The Beuglers are MUCH better tool, and seem to go for around 50-75.00 used on eBay. They are about double that new. They do not leak as badly as the cheapies , the paint feeds better and they come with a wide selection of striping wheels. Either use One Shot signainters paint, or just thicken up any enamel with talcum powder or dry pigment to make a heavy cream consistency.
    Thanks Andrew, good to know. I will not be bidding.
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

Current Projects: 1915 Sears Chief, 1927 Stutz Motor-Bike, & 1930 Columbia Archbar

Current Riders: 1930 Hartford Camelback, Late 1950's Girardengo Twin Bar (made in Italy), & 1961 Huffy Eldorado custom beach cruiser

Wants: Depends on the day you ask.......

GARY MC

I love my Beugler, works awesome!
    Patrick
    "The value of liberty was thus enhanced in our estimation by the difficulty of its attainment, and the worth of characters appreciated by the trial of adversity." George Washington

LIFE

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” - Samuel Adams

But for a $5.00 investment and at the time I had no idea what it was. I only thought it looked interesting so for $5 i snatched it up.
    Now it will probably just sit on a shelf with some other bicycle parts and collect dust. LOL

you should clean it up and use it. Try it out on a piece of glass or paper. The paint I use is oil enamel sign paint. As long as it has a thicker consistency than other paint you should be good.
    Patrick
    "The value of liberty was thus enhanced in our estimation by the difficulty of its attainment, and the worth of characters appreciated by the trial of adversity." George Washington

LIFE

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” - Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast