When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1932 Mochet Velocar Modele Sport Recumbent Prototype

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wing Your Heel

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1932 Mochet Velocar

Modele Sport Recumbent Prototype

US $10,000 including delivery

This earliest model of Velocar recumbent ran for only one year.

It was so low-slung that it was hard to ride and the riding position was therefore altered in 1933 for subsequent models.

This 1932 prototype model was named in the Mochet catalogue as a Velo Velocar (V.V),

but for the first year it was actually known only as a Velocar, bearing the same name as Mochet's four wheeler.

The machine was so radically diverse that the cycling press loved it.

Unfortunately, the racing fraternity disliked it intensely ...because it was too fast!

It was banned from events, and debates took place over whether it could even be considered a bicycle.

1932_Mochet_Velocar_05_zps0667005a-1.jpg

1932_Mochet_Velocar_061_zpsceb9edda-1.jpg

DETAILS AND PHOTOS -

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/1930s/...elo-velocar-modele-sport-recumbent-prototype/

Howdy y'all over there in the good old U.S of A.
Don't you reckon this might be just the bike for you good ol' boys
next time you're rounding up steers down in Texas? :)

cowboyvelocar_zps4e3332fd-1.jpg

Out of my price league, but really cool. I have read about early recumbents but never seen one that old. I think the rule in racing was the back of the saddle couldnt be more than 10" behind the bottom bracket (or something like that).

?

Yup, out of my price league too. I tried to buy it from my friend over the past few years, but he could never decide how much he wanted and my offers were too low.

So selling it for him was my plan B.

I don't really expect to sell it thro thecabe, but thought I'd post it just for interest

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back