When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Varsity 8 speed

-
here's a real nice 60 varsity on ebay right now.seller has it listed as a 62 10 speed,but i ran the serial listed and it's a 60 model.pretty sure the 10 speeds came out later.it's hard for me to see,but maybe the decal says 10 speed? you might be able to contact the seller for better info.i'm a little confused with the listing.maybe the wrong serial number is listed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/c1962-Schwi...4332663?pt=Asian_Antiques&hash=item53fba75377

Last edited:
Weird

It looks like it has the 1960-61 8 speed derailleur and the early Varsity's only came in black in 60-61. Front derailleur is also 60-61.

Last edited:
Varsity 8 speed

I have 2 8 speeds. The one on ebay was a 1960 10 speed. The 8 speeds were only made until June. The fork stripe design on that bike was only used in 1960. The Varsity 8 speeds are very rare. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

1960 Varsity 8-speed

OTE=Champy;254570]Anyone have a Varsity 8 speed with original paint and parts?[/QUOTE]
I have a 1960 Varsity 8-speed in my collection I could sell you if you are interested. It is the original 8-speed with the seat tube shifter. It is all original except for new brake cables and casings, derailleur cables, new cloth bar tape and new seat tube decal. Has nos Schwinn tires (Schwinn name rubbed off) and was completely taken apart, cleaned and reassembled. Has original saddle also. The serial numbers are very very low so may be one of the oldest survivors. I ride it now and then and is still tons of fun. My email is [email protected] and # is 954-867-8551. Thanks....Mark

1960 Varsity 8-speed

OTE=Champy;254570]Anyone have a Varsity 8 speed with original paint and parts?
I have a 1960 Varsity 8-speed in my collection I could sell you if you are interested. It is the original 8-speed with the seat tube shifter. It is all original except for new brake cables and casings, derailleur cables, new cloth bar tape and new seat tube decal. Has nos Schwinn tires (Schwinn name rubbed off) and was completely taken apart, cleaned and reassembled. Has original saddle also. The serial numbers are very very low so may be one of the oldest survivors. I ride it now and then and is still tons of fun. My email is [email protected] and # is 954-867-8551. Thanks....Mark[/QUOTE]

Hello 954oneiron,
I would be interested in your Varsity. Feel free to call me at 214 901 1611. Thanks!

I have an original paint one for sale txt 951-741-5964 for details

7B25556E-637E-4A28-A60F-A3FFC8B0E02E.jpeg

Back