When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast Bikes....

-

Classicriders

I live for the CABE
I have been wanting to start a thread on specific makes for some time now. So, I thought I would start with Rollfast. D.P. Harris distributed many bicycle brands over the years, their signature brand being Rollfast. They also distributed many many other brands, such as Yale, Winchester, Black Beauty, to Roamer, Harvard, Keystone, Pilgrim, Standard, Overland, Gold Medal, Athlete, Peerless, Purity, Crown, and Royal FLyer, to name just a few. H.P Snyder was the manufacturer of all D.P. Harris bicycles as well as others, such as Hawthorne and Sam-Sco for example.
Anyways, I wanted to start this post to encourage collectors to post pics of their D.P. harris/H.P. Snyder bicycles. I will start things off with two bikes. First is a very nice Sam-Sco, circa 1941 100% original. The second bike is a 1951 Rollfast that is absolutely beautiful and all original.
SamsCo01-1.jpg

Rollfastgrn02JPG-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, beautiful bikes, and I really like this idea! Here's a picture of my HP Snyder made Hawthorne (at least, that's what research suggested- please correct me if I am wrong). This is far from original :rolleyes: but I really enjoy it. I'm still playing with the two speed setup, drum brake wheel and will soon be adding the correct tank.

http://i42.tinypic.com/20auryp.jpg

Easywind, do you recognize the Bendix two speed rear wheel? ;) It is working great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike Hotrod! How did you get it so shiny? Ever consider putting a red, white and blue Standard badge on that bike?

CR

I wish I could take credit for the bike's condition but alas...I cannot. I bought the bike from Mart Mullins and he, or whomever, kept excellent care of the old ride. As for the badge, are you offering? I have not seen one but would be interested if one was available.

I do have an NOS one, but it is the only one I have. A Yale badge would work too, since they are red, white, and blue. Same manufacturer, holes would line up and everything. I have a really nice one if your interested, I could send you a pic.

Go ahead and send me a picture of what you have. I am not really wild about changing the "name" even if the holes line up but I am open to taking a look. Please include a price too. Thanks...

Back