When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F/S 1976 Raleigh Super Tourer 23 1/2"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dirtprophet

On Training Wheels
Nice bike. I haven't touched it or cleaned it. 1 owner, I have the original receipt with the original catalog. The bike isn't totally stock as the fenders are missing, no chainguard, no pump, and not the original rubber. Paints in good shape - not perfect as there are some scratches. It definitely needs some cleaning and polishing.
Carlton 531 lugged frame. Huret Jubilee der's. Stronglight cranks. I also have the original ratrap pedals with the half clip Christophe's.
I am willing to sell as a whole bike $550 (shipping and boxing included to anywhere in the lower 48 states).
Or part it out as necessary. I like the Carlton frame, and it fits. I have plans in my head for a clubman, and this would fit the bill but I'll never get around to it

raleighst2.JPG
raleighst.JPG
raleighst3.JPG
raleighst1.JPG

Someone needs to buy this before it gets parted!!! I've seen the bike in person, great shape very little use.

update?

Nice bike. I haven't touched it or cleaned it. 1 owner, I have the original receipt with the original catalog. The bike isn't totally stock as the fenders are missing, no chainguard, no pump, and not the original rubber. Paints in good shape - not perfect as there are some scratches. It definitely needs some cleaning and polishing.
Carlton 531 lugged frame. Huret Jubilee der's. Stronglight cranks. I also have the original ratrap pedals with the half clip Christophe's.
I am willing to sell as a whole bike $550 (shipping and boxing included to anywhere in the lower 48 states).
Or part it out as necessary. I like the Carlton frame, and it fits. I have plans in my head for a clubman, and this would fit the bill but I'll never get around to it

Might be interested if it's still intact. You got rid of the Bluemels' somewhere along the way? what kind of tires now? is it set up as a 5-speed or a 10? what's the freewheel ratio? what kind of saddle & bars? how scratched up is it?

Still intact. Still up on the wall... I don't know where the bluemels went. Meant to make it a rider but never got around to it. Its set up as a 10 speed (original).
I am pretty sure the freewheel is a 14-28. 52t big ring. not sure on the inner.
Saddle is a brooks springer B66 with a Pivo stem. Not sure on the bar though. No markings that I can see (but it is up on the wall).
Tires are a cheap 27" knobby style kenda gumwall. Nothing special. But they hold air.
The bike is a one owner, but I am not including me. I picked it up from a friend (original owner) but never rode it and just hung it on the wall.
The bike has scratches and is not perfect. It has good paint though, and there are not too many scratches. Its nice, but not exceptional. Hard to describe.

Might be interested if it's still intact. You got rid of the Bluemels' somewhere along the way? what kind of tires now? is it set up as a 5-speed or a 10? what's the freewheel ratio? what kind of saddle & bars? how scratched up is it?

a

Still intact. Still up on the wall... I don't know where the bluemels went. Meant to make it a rider but never got around to it. Its set up as a 10 speed (original).
I am pretty sure the freewheel is a 14-28. 52t big ring. not sure on the inner.
Saddle is a brooks springer B66 with a Pivo stem. Not sure on the bar though. No markings that I can see (but it is up on the wall).
Tires are a cheap 27" knobby style kenda gumwall. Nothing special. But they hold air.
The bike is a one owner, but I am not including me. I picked it up from a friend (original owner) but never rode it and just hung it on the wall.
The bike has scratches and is not perfect. It has good paint though, and there are not too many scratches. Its nice, but not exceptional. Hard to describe.

This model was something of an oddity, it was a touring-style frame in the 70's before such frame-types became more common during the next decade - Raleigh never bothered to push it & it was dropped from their lineup; some of them were sold as 5-speeds for commuter bikes but were too expensive compared to the standard 3-speed commuters, so they didn't get a big response... actually had one once few years back (long gone now), so have ridden one, and wouldn't mind picking up another one for old times sake

Raleigh Super Tourer

View attachment 110257View attachment 110258View attachment 110259View attachment 110260

Hi,

Do you still have the Raleigh Super Tourer??

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have one of these

Hi,

Do you still have the Raleigh Super Tourer??

Thanks!

My father bought one of these new in 1976. He did not ride it much and has since passed on. I now have it but have never ridden it. It has all of the original parts including pump and fenders and is, overall, in very good shape...or at least it was when I hung it in my garage six years ago. I have not taken it down and looked at it since then so it needs cleaning and I cannot testify as to the cables. It has the original gum walls that are deflated and cracked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back