When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone Please Tell me what kind of Bicycle this is?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Haccex91

On Training Wheels
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site, long story short, my Grandmas brother recently passed, and my Uncles have been busy cleaning up and going through the old Farmhouse and barns. One of my uncles gave me this bike that is pictured. It was his mothers bike and from what he could tell me is that it is from late 1930's. Can anyone fill me in on this bike? and please advise if restoring it would be a diservice? It is in decent shape and almost complete, but paint is flaking and chrome is rusted. I am a Auto Detailer and use to race BMX in the NBL, so I am very use to working on bikes, as well as professionally cleaning. Please let me know what you all think. I know it means alot to my Uncle that the bikes stays in my family, so I am looking to do whatever I can to restore/fix it up.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• bicycle.JPG
    bicycle.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 134
A Shelby....not sure the year.

It is not a Shelby, it is an H.P. Snyder built bicycle and the badge looks like it may be a Rollfast badge (one of the many badges that Snyder bikes were sold under.) Better pictures would help with an assessment of what you might do with the bike to best preserve, rehab, or restore it.

Haccex91, sorry if I mis-led you. But If I know ANYTHING, by my trying to help someone identify their cycle is a sure-fire way to wake up the real expert... RMS37 to assist in nearly always correctly identifying their bike. bri.

It is not a Shelby, it is an H.P. Snyder built bicycle and the badge looks like it may be a Rollfast badge (one of the many badges that Snyder bikes were sold under.) Better pictures would help with an assessment of what you might do with the bike to best preserve, rehab, or restore it.

Thank you RMS37 I appreciate you help, I can take some better pics tonight. I can see part of a badge on the front. I will take one of that, what other angles would you suggest?

Thank you,

Greg

Haccex91, sorry if I mis-led you. But If I know ANYTHING, by my trying to help someone identify their cycle is a sure-fire way to wake up the real expert... RMS37 to assist in nearly always correctly identifying their bike. bri.

NEARLY!!!, Bri, I should send you back to the stacks for that one... and no computer for a WEEK!

Thank you RMS37 I appreciate you help, I can take some better pics tonight. I can see part of a badge on the front. I will take one of that, what other angles would you suggest?

Thank you,

Greg

Greg, if you take a picture of the badge that should be enough to identify the manufacturer...as long as it hasn't been changed out over time. The form of the bike looks clearly Snyder but closer, clearer, larger pictures will help certify that call. As for dating the bike; there should be a serial number stamped into the underside of the crank hanger. A clear picture of that number always conveys more than just the number itself but it is likely this one can be dated by the number alone. Otherwise just a few shots that show the general condition of the bike and accessories will help form an opinion (or many!) on how you might proceed with your project.

Back