When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC aster motor pacer stayer steher gangmaker derny project

-

thehugheseum

I live for the CABE
Here is a really neat project im getting ready to embark on. Im planning on building a motor pacer based on pictures and using this gorgeous ASTER 3 1/4 hp motor.

IMG_1190.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1193.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1199.jpg

This is the motor orient used to build the earliest of american mass produced made motorcycles.............they were also used as powerplants for pacing bikes

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

Last edited:
more pictures.........so much uniqueness on this motor,horizontal cases......in bronze......rippled fins....in copper......every bit of hardware is unique to this thing and i am incredibly honored to have been given the opportunity to be the custodian of such a rare and important motor.

IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1203.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to give a huge internerd hug to stig........you are a absolute gentleman......

Please post any pics of turn of the century pacers,this was a crazy beast and they rarely look like each other,i will be following either a bike or using several details from several to make this pacer

aster pacer.jpg
this is an aster motored rig

hedstrom-tandem-pacer.jpg
this was de dion power

Couret&Boudin-tandem a.jpg

orient-tandem-pacer.jpg
i think this is de dion power

stayer and pacer.JPG
this is a later pacer,notice now they are one man and a roller mechanism is employed in case of "touchdown"..............there were alot of bad accidents before the roller bar came into use

orient-tandem-1.jpg
this looks de dion to me

de dion tandem.jpg
this looks like the plan for the henshaw/hendee,i dont see a coil or batteries

Last edited:
Back