When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Crusty, but Trusty"...Post your rusty riders please.....

-

Larmo63

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A '41 DX I bought a few weeks ago from Joel, now back on the road. What a fine riding bicycle...

IMG_2195_zps8b0e930c-1.jpg

my 46 in radiant rust.my favorite rider,and it won best rust bucket at a bike show.

Attachments

• rr bay.jpg
    rr bay.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 443
  • rr+and+rr.jpg
    rr+and+rr.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 411
47 western flyer

Not horribly crusty but still has some decent original paint.all original and happens to be one of my favorite riders.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 407
If the CABE gives awards for rustiest riders of the year I might be in the running with my 36 Firestone and 36 CCM Ranger. My daughter has named them Rusted Glory and Faded Glory. The bikes are both smooth riders, I maintain them very well......I just have a thing for rust :)

Attachments

• Last Long Ride 006.jpg
    Last Long Ride 006.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 417
  • Faded Glory.jpg
    Faded Glory.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 436
I found this JC Higgins in the rafters of a garage. In addition to the rust, it also has a hole in the seat tube. I replaced a fender brace and the pedals to get it into rideable condition.

dsc00323u-1.jpg

Hoping to find out how Trusty this Rusty heap is this weekend. Just need to bend up a laid-back seatpost & she should be finally be on the road.

IMAG0498_zpsba0a4e90-1.jpg

I rarely ride it but when all's fails my phantom (old reliable) is always there for me.
I don't know why the photo keeps coming out upside down but you get the point...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Back