When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miss Teen

-

bushb2004

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, is anyone familiar with girls 26" Miss Teen ? I have one and cant seem to find and info on it. any help would be super

Thanks

Hi, is anyone familiar with girls 26" Miss Teen ? I have one and cant seem to find and info on it. any help would be super

Thanks

Some Pics

MissTeen.jpg
MissteenChainguard.jpg

A mid level schwinn girls bike. I think early 60's. 62-63ish. They only ran the miss teen for a year or two

Great. thanks for the info, its my significant others bike and she is wanting me to restore or resto it. Paint is bad and decals are worn, any links for decals or a pick of how it should look ?

Thanks again

Rare bike

I have one. It's is a one year only,1966.only three colors were made , sky blue. Rose and white and violet. Very nice.

if you need to replace the chainguard decal,you might be in for a search.the other decals were standard.i just parted one out because the decals were toast.

These were lightly equipped bikes. Chrome rims, whitewall tires, and the deluxe teardrop rear reflector. The Miss Teen is a rare model but not particularly collectable. From a financial standpoint not worth doing resto work on it. From a relationship standpoint, hey, how much do you like her? Couldn't hurt to throw some love at this bike. You are likely going to be out of luck finding the decal for the guard. As a last-ditch sort of thing you could always throw the guard on a xerox machine, get a hard copy of the size and font of the Miss Teen bit for future reference, and then hand-letter it in after you repaint the guard. Or you could (with your sweetie's permission) go on the hunt for a mo' better bike for her. Because once you throw paint on one of these it usually just look like a repainted bike.
Cheers, Geoff

Last edited:
These were lightly equipped bikes. Chrome rims, whitewall tires, and the deluxe teardrop rear reflector. The Miss Teen is a rare model but not particularly collectable. From a financial standpoint not worth doing resto work on it. From a relationship standpoint, hey, how much do you like her? Couldn't hurt to throw some love at this bike. You are likely going to be out of luck finding the decal for the guard. As a last-ditch sort of thing you could always throw the guard on a xerox machine, get a hard copy of the size and font of the Miss Teen bit for future reference, and then hand-letter it in after you repaint the guard. Or you could (with your sweetie's permission) go on the hunt for a mo' better bike for her. Because once you throw paint on one of these it usually just look like a repainted bike.
Cheers, Geoff

Thanks for info on the bike, I like the whitewalls and it does have the teardrop reflector "bonus" I bought this bike as parts bike but when she seen it, she loved it, so gotta keep her happy and by the way, she is a keeper....the bike also. We really are not into this hobby for financial gain, just something we enjoy doing together and in our own way, keeping this great part of American history alive for future generations. As far as the Miss Teen decal, I have a talented letter painter in the owner of the bike and she cant wait to lay down some lettering. Sure it will look like a repaint, what's the chances of finding a perfect 1966 bicycle ? but in twenty years it will be considered a older restoration :cool:

Thanks again for your input, be safe and enjoy

I found a few pictures of Miss Teens on Google Images. It looks as if the only thing different on the chain guard are the words "miss" and "teen." The other graphics are shared with other bikes of the same era. A talented pinstriper should be able to replicate the Miss Teen script with out any problem.

Otherwise. Clean it really well and enjoy riding it.

Back