When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Schwinn Corvette 5-Speeds

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyberpaull

Finally riding a big boys bike
Been seeing a lot of fake 5-Speed Corvettes on Ebay and Craigslist. It just turns my stomach. It's so obvious the derailleur's is late 70's early 80's, that they install on a Corvette bike. Just my two cents. "If I am mistaken, then I will apologize for this post".
$T2eC16N,!)QE9s3HD)KrBR5JIb6P5g~~60_57.jpg
00K0K_3o2tkji1pS4_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
the 2 pictured are the real deal.alot of the 5 speeds out there have replacement parts,rear wheel,hub,spoke protector,derailleur,etc.those parts can be hard to find and shops would use newer stuff to replace broken/worn parts.
the things you can't fake are the shifter boss,cable guides,and front chainring.there have been a couple total fakes for sale,but you can tell from the missing brazed on parts.also serial numbers can help if they're not 61/62 numbers,although there is one 63 model verified.

my friend GTs58 and myself started a thread and registry about the 5 speeds a couple years ago on schwinnbikeforum.to date,we've indentified only 70 of these models.i'm sure there are a few still hiding out,but at that number,they would be considered rare.especially when you take into account how many bikes schwinn built in those days.the official introduction was in mid 61 and ran all the way through 62,with one 63 documented so far.

Thanks

my friend GTs58 and myself started a thread and registry about the 5 speeds a couple years ago on schwinnbikeforum.to date,we've indentified only 70 of these models.i'm sure there are a few still hiding out,but at that number,they would be considered rare.especially when you take into account how many bikes schwinn built in those days.the official introduction was in mid 61 and ran all the way through 62,with one 63 documented so far.

Thanks for the info. This way I can break down the serial numbers somewhat, to make sure the corvette is from the right time.

right after i typed the last post,i went on a mission about 30 minutes from me and picked up another 5 speed in stockton.it's for a friend,but it's a real nice bike.
just be patient and you'll find one soon enough.

Here is that Black Corvette you have pictured when it was for sale on ebay around three + years ago. It was redone, sold and the current seller/owner has had it for almost two years I think. He also added a few items not original to the bike. It is definitely a 5 speed Corvette.

Do you have the ad link for that Red Corvette, or any info on it including the serial number?

Attachments

• !B4HJbS!BWk~$(KGrHqEOKj8Ey(N0WfmvBMonY9Qp1!~~_3.jpg
    !B4HJbS!BWk~$(KGrHqEOKj8Ey(N0WfmvBMonY9Qp1!~~_3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 408
  • !B4HJGpw!2k~$(KGrHqQOKj4EyfpIOIVPBMon(yf6e!~~_3.jpg
    !B4HJGpw!2k~$(KGrHqQOKj4EyfpIOIVPBMon(yf6e!~~_3.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 420
  • !B4HJPMwEWk~$(KGrHqYOKnME)5UOJ1GHBMonYSNjLw~~_3.jpg
    !B4HJPMwEWk~$(KGrHqYOKnME)5UOJ1GHBMonYSNjLw~~_3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 380
  • !B4HJk7gCWk~$(KGrHqQOKjYE)o0h6R8pBMonZiJzu!~~_3.jpg
    !B4HJk7gCWk~$(KGrHqQOKjYE)o0h6R8pBMonZiJzu!~~_3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Found It

Craigs listing http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/4222874539.html

From what I can see in the pictures it looks like the real deal to me. A 61 model with the 61 only stem and the seller states he has the original seat and bars. Hopefully the correct grips are on the stored bars. The rear derailleur is a 1964 or 65 steel wheeled Huret and it may be a Schwinn issued piece sporting the Sprint tag that was attached to the Hershey kiss indent. The small cap bow pedals are not correct nor is the 1964 and up spoke protector.

Back