When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with a teens-20s Chicago exclesior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oldnut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Bought this at the auction between the mem lane Ann Arbor show.need information.correct seat ect thanks Ron
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
has a nickel plated fork on it.

WOW!!! coolest find of 2013 in my book.

That badge is unlike any other Excelsior badge I've seen! It is of the pattern of the Michigan City Excelsiors (post 1916), but it looks like "Arnold Schwinn" text was molded over or re-stamped with it being raised. There are some pre 1916 that say "mfg Excelsior Cycle Co, Chicago, ILL" that are of the same pattern also. This badge could have come about from when the split first happened in 1912 until the move to Mich City. But Schwinn could have held on to the badge punch and used those for a number of years.

The fork is consistent with teen Schwinn literature.

Did you pull the cranks to see if they are dated?

Congrats on an epic bike!!!

Chris

I think the 1917 Schwinn lit should be a good place to start for saddle choice.

Last edited:
No kiddin' Ron ... that bicycle / badge combo is a remarkable-find of historical significance !!!

When chitown gets excited about something .. well ... that oughta tell-ya somethin' !!!

You Done Good, Ron !!!

.............. patric

How about an Arnold Schwinn with an under bar less than 1"? Don't see that every day.

Can you post pics of the rear stays? thanks!

Last edited:
Excelsior

This is the best pict I have of it now I'll get some later.it has the tabs on the frame for the dropstand.
image.jpg
image.jpg
seems all original I just cleaned it with soap then wd40 mist

Back