When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has anyone tried Metal Resue?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Metal Rescue

I've used it and it works great. Kinda pricey at $25 per gallon from Home Depot but i recommend it. You can re-use it and it's completely safe. Removed surface rust from a hockey stick chain guard i got for my 35 Cycleplane and other stuff. Tom

I can't vouch for metal rescue, but I can vouch for Evaporust. Same idea. Different product maybe. Same price unfortunately. Great for smaller parts that you can leave submerged, but since you can't really cut it with anything to stretch it, large parts are a no-go. I have had some luck soaking shop towels and wrapping them to a larger part with saran wrap. Not as good as submerging, but a good start.

I have used Metal Rescue and it is pretty cool! I still spent hours scrubbing with steel wool and wd40 even after soaking for a day or so. I just gave up on it looking perfect. Seemed to work really well on zinc parts. Here are some before and after photos of a hub.

Attachments

• bth_DSC06153_zpseeec2a09.jpg
    bth_DSC06153_zpseeec2a09.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 141
  • bth_DSC06158_zpsf07ff5ff.jpg
    bth_DSC06158_zpsf07ff5ff.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC07018.jpg
    DSC07018.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC07019.jpg
    DSC07019.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 130
Have an accident with all those acids and the cost of the good stuff will pale in comparison to th hospital bills

Back