When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar CWC rainbow frame hang tank bicycle count

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
019.jpg
008.jpg
001 (2).jpg
How many are out there?
I'm new to The Cabe but not new to collecting prewar bicycles. In my almost 30 years of collecting, I have only seen four examples of this bicycle, and that includes my bicycle. Why are the numbers so low compared to the similar rainbow framed Rollfast/Hawthorne/Snyder?

I have never seen any printed advertisements or catalogs depicting this bicycle either. I'm sure it's out there though.

This thread is dedicated to the prewar Cleveland Welding Company rainbow frame "Hang tank" bicycle I believe made during the years of 36-38 ? and all the ones that I have seen are badged differently.

The earlier version 1935 CWC rainbow frame had the top tubes closer together "no tank". Please only post the "tank" version.

I welcome any comments or corrections on this thread by anyone with more knowledge regarding this bicycle.

All that being said, lets post them up! Pictures and literature........ I will start with my CWC.

Last edited:
Thanks, I too dig this bicycle. Many bikes have come and gone but this one I would never part with. I've owned it for almost 30 years now..

BUMP!

Come on Cabers. 114 views and not one piece of literature or another bicycle posted. Is this bicycle really that rare?

Let me be the fist

Here is a picture of the one I have it is 38-39 badged as a Road Master The rack I believe i fom a Shelby

Attachments

• 20140312_222939.jpg
    20140312_222939.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 551
I had one last year, but sold it before I took any photos. It was red and black.

hey Catfish years ago at brim

I had one last year, but sold it before I took any photos. It was red and black.
You bought a bike from me that had 2 different horn gills-og paint
dp harris or cwc?

You bought a bike from me that had 2 different horn gills-og paint
dp harris or cwc?

That one I got from you was a DP Harris. That was over 15 years ago. The Road Master I bought last May, and sold in June.

Back