When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 20inch Schwinn Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
Just picked this up last night. It was on Craigslist last summer for $150 but before I could get to it the ad was taken down. I looked yesterday and the ad was back up but for only $75!. I called the guy and he accepted my offer of $50. I got there and he gave me a 1960's Huffy with a persons seat for FREE! with my purchase. The seat was covered in white paint and I spent 2 hours cleaning it off. Stripped down the bike this morning, cleaned the whole thing, re-greased the bearings and now its rides great with the original Westwind tires. Just have to clean the pedals when I get a chance and fix the electric horn it came with as shown in before pic and then put on an adult blue S seat as this one is to small for me. What do my fellow Cabers think?
00505_kQVot806RtQ_600x450[1].jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

00505_kQVot806RtQ_600x450[1].jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Very cool! Wish I could find something like that close to me. I'd rather buy vintage for my kids, than the new junk, lol. Good job on the cleanup, that blue is pretty nice!

Bricycle- I have found that the small Typhoons are extremely hard to find. I live in NY and I have only seen two this one and one in NJ. I was very lucky that no one inquired about this bike last year when it was first being sold and that I just happened to look on craigslist and remembered that this was the same one but only for half the original asking price.

Euphman- Thanks and yeah the vintage/antique ones are so much better than todays stuff. I buy and sell bikes (mostly vintage) to pay for college and support my Schwinn collecting. I have 11 Schwinns and one day when I have kids the only bikes they will get are antique Schwinns.

Hi there, great find. These are great little bikes, I have black '67 Typhoon 20". Both of my kids have ridden it, they had a blast riding it.

The 20" Typhoons are neat. Same frame as the Sting-Ray Junior. And yeah, they don't turn up very often. Decent price for a bike that has (and will) stand the test of time. I have a first year Typhoon 20" with the straight bars that I need to get out of the shed and knock into riding condition for the kids. Ah, things to do.
Cheers, Geoff

Nice! Love the color too. Pick up one of those repro 20" tanks and have it painted with Schwinn decals to match the bike. The repop tanks are around $100 on ebay. Odds are they never made original paint tanks in blue.

20140403_150938.jpg

My wife is 4'10", so she fit on it pretty good. Even my short 7 year old could've ridden it with training wheels.
20140403_170100.jpg

Last edited:
Back