When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer Fork assembly tricks?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
J

jjwithers

For some reason i have the hardest time assembling the springer forks on cruiser bikes. are there are tricks to putting them on the bike? Once i finally get them on, the spring is never at the proper angle as it points towards the rubber grommit and bolt head.
In other words, Once that upper collar that goes around the neck is screwed down by the upper neck bolt, the angle of the sping is way off, not straight like i see in all the photos.

what is the proper assembly procedure?

thanks.

Springer Fork Assembly photo

Here is a photo of it...
P1000531Spring-1.jpg

Will it line up in time or is there something goofy here?

springer difficulty

Looks to me like your trying to put a boys( mens ) springer on a girls frame.Girls head tubes are generally longer therefore it throws off the geometry.

very typical of the bike shop that sold it to me....
thanks.
Now i get to go and tell them they suck and try to get the correct one.... and i get the joys of re-assembling it (actually, that part i like. I don't like dealing with them).

J

That an't it--if it were a boys fork the steer tube would be too short.
Try flipping the bracket you have on the steer tube .I think you have it up-side-down.Just take the bolt out flip the bracket and put the spring bolt back in.---sam

HI, it looks like your fork is the wrong size somewhere. my guess is that indeed the head tube is correct but the rest of the fork is for the shorter boys head tube. look at the photo I'm posting and notice how the 2 legs of the springer end up level with the top of the head tube, yours don't even come close. I'm guessing your fork, somehow, is made from some mixed parts and you should have whoever you got it from get you another one.
Good Luck
image2.gif

Scott:cool:
5f38_1.gif

Back