When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Shelby Deluxe FOR SALE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scrubbinrims

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1937 Shelby Deluxe PART OUT

More info on this in a bit, but offering this G1 Morrow hub date '37 deluxe ladies Shelby for sale at 900.00 shipped + anything over 50.00 shipping via bikeflights.
Chris
DSCF6997.jpg
DSCF6998.jpg
DSCF6999.jpg
DSCF7001.jpg
DSCF7002.jpg
DSCF6996.jpg

Last edited:
I traded for this bicycle just a couple of weeks ago which had just come from a barn a county away.
I added the deluxe Torrington pedals, the combo button/switch battery tube, and men's ball end grips cut to female size.
I swapped chrome McCauley racks, which were identical in every way except the rack currently on the bike used legs from a donor same rack and color of the bike...it is essentially the same except rivets are now screws/nuts.
The bicycle came to me with the front fender made of aluminum and the rear of chromed steel...neither have extra holes, but the rear had screws/nuts at the stays and was probably replaced early in its life as aluminum fenders are very frail and hence rare today.
I have a close up of the front fender 1/4" curl which I haven't modified.
The Shelby Delta hornlight has a 3/4" hairline at the top as just about all of these do and the cone has a couple of small dents and chrome mottling, not flaked though.

My belief is that this is an 850.00 bicycle, an earlier ladies ballooner and precursor to the big tank ladies Shelbys that can be enjoyed as it stands and either a front chromed steel fender added or a rear aluminum fender added for consistency down the line.

I'll leave it up a week, then perhaps ebay, then decide to be her caretaker or...
Chris

I thought the reflector hornlight cone was interesting and I hadn't seen before...portholes!
DSCF7034.jpg

Last edited:
I counted 9 big tank ladies airflows on Dave's Nostalgic.net...0 of this model counted...it's as if there were very few Shelby ladies produced pre-1938, counterparts of the banana tank lines.
Rare bike and top of the line model.
Chris

Shelby badged WF 36-37

This is my girl. Would die for a correct battery tube like yours. Hard to find and expensive.

I traded for this bicycle just a couple of weeks ago which had just come from a barn a county away.
I added the deluxe Torrington pedals, the combo button/switch battery tube, and men's ball end grips cut to female size.
I swapped chrome McCauley racks, which were identical in every way except the rack currently on the bike used legs from a donor same rack and color of the bike...it is essentially the same except rivets are now screws/nuts.
The bicycle came to me with the front fender made of aluminum and the rear of chromed steel...neither have extra holes, but the rear had screws/nuts at the stays and was probably replaced early in its life as aluminum fenders are very frail and hence rare today.
I have a close up of the front fender 1/4" curl which I haven't modified.
The Shelby Delta hornlight has a 3/4" hairline at the top as just about all of these do and the cone has a couple of small dents and chrome mottling, not flaked though.

My belief is that this is an 850.00 bicycle, an earlier ladies ballooner and precursor to the big tank ladies Shelbys that can be enjoyed as it stands and either a front chromed steel fender added or a rear aluminum fender added for consistency down the line.

I'll leave it up a week, then perhaps ebay, then decide to be her caretaker or...
Chris

I thought the reflector hornlight cone was interesting and I hadn't seen before...portholes!
View attachment 154881

Attachments

• 20130823_162232.jpg
    20130823_162232.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 703
Sorry new guy still. Meant to reply here. My 36-37 girl Shelby.

Chris - meant to reply here with a shot of my old gal. Would love to have the correct battery tube like the one on yours but they seem rare and very expensive.

I counted 9 big tank ladies airflows on Dave's Nostalgic.net...0 of this model counted...it's as if there were very few Shelby ladies produced pre-1938, counterparts of the banana tank lines.
Rare bike and top of the line model.
Chris

Attachments

• 20130823_162232.jpg
    20130823_162232.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 685
That's a nice bike ranman, thanks for posting.

I might be willing to part her out since I haven't had interest in the whole bike at a fair price so pm me if there is something you could use and if a critical mass is reached...
Battery tube will be NSF and used on my new ladies Mead.
Chris

I am in a tough spot here as I need the space this bike occupies and also could use the money.
It has been on here nearly a month with a couple of bumps without interest and I do not think less ebay fees and the costs to ship a whole bike in the bid, I will be in a good position at auction.

If you are interested in any of the parts listed below, please pm me and once or shall I say if these parts get to a critical mass, then I will indeed part the bike.

I have considerable time in cleaning her up, even adding a battery tube (not for sale) to make this as attractive as possible at a fair price, but no offer, nothing...

Prices do not include shipping

Frame/fork, chain adjusters, badge, truss rods, (might break this up if necessary) 100
Front ALUMINUM fender 140
Rear chromed steel fender 100
Delta "S" Shelby light 35-37 issue on delux models 300
Chrome rack 80
Dropcenter wheels and Kenda tires with clean G dated Morrow hub 120
Dropstand with clip removed from fender 65
Mesinger longspring saddle with post 50
Bars and Shelby stem + truncated grips 40
Chainguard 40
Crank 35
Pedals Torrington Deluxe 25

Again, I am not taking paypal or payment until enough parts receive the "I'll take it!"

Chris

I will need
those pedals provided they are the 4. in version and hope to be able to buy this weekend.
Sent from my Chaser using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back