When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So disgusted....morti2000jon strikes again

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
B6 10.jpg

This bike is gone forever, destroyed.
It had been well cared for by it's owners for 63 years.

Feel really sick to see this nice B6 that we sold at our local Mpls swap torn apart, and now every little piece is for sale on ebay...if we'd only known this was the guy that was buying it, he would've walked away without it- guaranteed.

Had some cockamamie story about why he was all the way from Rock Island, IL and just happened upon the swap...seriously makes me sick to see that bike torn apart. Not that it's rare, but was so original and nice....WTH :mad:

Nick sent him a nice message on ebay....sure he does not give a crap.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=390869077712

Darcie

Last edited:
Anybody got a photo / mug shot of this guy ? That way we can recognize his evil grin when he's attempting to buy an original for butchering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, about 5 11, stocky 275 lbs, short blond hair, mid 40's, ruddy complexion, very unsuspecting and benign looking...sounds like a lot of people right?
If only I was a sketch artist his cover would be blown!

Anyway, he won't get away with that in Mpls again, not at any swaps anyway.

Darcie

That's the same guy that bought my elgin and parted it. I called him out on EBay and he said it was tax time and he was making cash.

Sometimes I think that the only way to stop these guys are to price your bike at market value and wait.
Then wait some more.
Finally selling the bike at that price so it is prohibitive to make a profit that is worth the scatter and more likely its going to the right owner.
Can I ask what you sold the B6 for...did you go down to 7 bills thinking you sold it to a regular (no-collector) dude?
Chris

You know this may not seem like such a big deal, a bike here and there right? But it's much bigger than that really- if you think about it, the guys that are tearing these bikes apart are making a LOT of cash. That allows them to keep buying bikes and parting them....

And I'm not talking about poor condition bikes, bikes missing parts, or even restored bikes (somewhat). I am talking about nice, original bikes, of any make/model not just high end bikes.

If we don't want to see all the nice original bikes disappear, we'd better do a better job of qualifying our buyers. We were sleeping on this one :( could not imagine anyone would be thinking about parting it...There is a finite amount of nice original bikes out there, just sayin.

OK I'm gonna get off my soap box now, and try not to obsess over this bike that I spent so many hours on cleaning and preserving...

Darcie

Sometimes I think that the only way to stop these guys are to price your bike at market value and wait.
Then wait some more.
Finally selling the bike at that price so it is prohibitive to make a profit that is worth the scatter and more likely its going to the right owner.
Can I ask what you sold the B6 for...did you go down to 7 bills thinking you sold it to a regular (no-collector) dude?
Chris

We sold it for what we had in it basically- $800. We bought it from a friend and spent many hours on bringing the paint back to life, and making it a good riding bike again. Had been for sale for awhile, and no takers. But we were patient, and did not consider parting it. Thought it had finally found a good home, and someone who would appreciate it. I hope he loses money on the sales, but I expect he will make out like a bandit.

Darcie

Agreed! When I sell a complete original bike, which isn't often. I try to keep the price at about the sum of all parts. I've had to keep some of these bikes for a very long time. Of course I don't make my living selling bikes and parts. But, as it's been said many times before, it certainly would be nice if some of these guys who only buy complete originals to part out, would find some other way to make a money. If I knew a bike like this were being parted, I would never buy parts off of it. In these small ways (and a few others), I figure I'm doing my part to contribute to the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back