When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40s Schwinn rework underway

-

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
Bought this frame with spring fork last year as a project, haven't had much time to work on it. Came as a frame and fork, so I'm putting it together as a rider with parts from the same time period, not concerned with everything being exact and correct.
Thanks to tripple3 for setting me up with the Miller side stand yesterday :cool:
Have found seat, post, wheels, crankset, and fenders.
Still need a headset, or just the cups and race; have a top nut and washer. Any help out there?

20140623_001JPG-1.jpg

20140623_003JPG-1.jpg

Gotta love the 40's straight bar! That's the frame that hooked me on prewar Schwinns. I sold everything else so I could build those bikes.

Surely someone has at least a headset

to help a caber out!

Last edited:
You're seriously still looking for a headset???:confused: Where all the Schwinn peeps at??? Stop hoarding & help a brotha out!

i may have a spare or 3

Ill look later tonight but im almost positive i have a set i can sell you....

Ill look later tonight but im almost positive i have a set i can sell you....

Please help him out! This eyesore has been sitting in the workshop too long! JK, Great looking frame. Will be nice to finally get it together.:cool:

Not an expert on these, but if the headset out of the early 60's frame I have will work, I'll send it to you for $15.

Back