When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stripping

-

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Anodized parts/wheels. Again, heavy duty oven cleaner. Building a rider set of wheels for my 28" Western Flyer and couldn't find the Velocity P35's 36 hole in silver, so I purchased them in black and stripped them down with oven cleaner and polished them up a bit.
20140630_203412.jpg

20140630_204218.jpg

Hoop on the right has been polished.
20140708_173524.jpg

Guess I need to find stronger over cleaner. I tried doing this and it didnt touch it at all. I've used oven cleaner to strip anodized parts when building custom R/C rock crawlers.

Guess I need to find stronger over cleaner. I tried doing this and it didnt touch it at all. I've used oven cleaner to strip anodized parts when building custom R/C rock crawlers.

I use the "high grade" Easy Off in the yellow can. Saturation is key. Coat it 4 or 5 times within the 10 minutes and it comes screaming off.

If your rims are powdercoated, gasket remover works wonders. Comes in a spray can at most autoparts stores.

Nice result on the P35s, but they could use some sanding and polishing! OR some faux rust :)

Back