When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stripping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Anodized parts/wheels. Again, heavy duty oven cleaner. Building a rider set of wheels for my 28" Western Flyer and couldn't find the Velocity P35's 36 hole in silver, so I purchased them in black and stripped them down with oven cleaner and polished them up a bit.
20140630_203412.jpg

20140630_204218.jpg

Hoop on the right has been polished.
20140708_173524.jpg

Guess I need to find stronger over cleaner. I tried doing this and it didnt touch it at all. I've used oven cleaner to strip anodized parts when building custom R/C rock crawlers.

Guess I need to find stronger over cleaner. I tried doing this and it didnt touch it at all. I've used oven cleaner to strip anodized parts when building custom R/C rock crawlers.

I use the "high grade" Easy Off in the yellow can. Saturation is key. Coat it 4 or 5 times within the 10 minutes and it comes screaming off.

If your rims are powdercoated, gasket remover works wonders. Comes in a spray can at most autoparts stores.

Nice result on the P35s, but they could use some sanding and polishing! OR some faux rust :)

Back