When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Relics San Francisco ride

-

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This is my 4th annual San Francisco ride I host for the Rolling Relics. July 26th, Saturday we will meet up at the Hi Dive bar at 10am and pedal off at 11am. The Hi Dive is directly under the Bay Bridge on the Embarcadero and Pier 28. From there we will cruise out to Fishermans Wharf for lunch. Then off to the Palace of Fine Arts for dome great photo ops, off to the Golden Gate bridge and across it, then back to Jacks Bar with 80 beers on tap. And our last stop will be a parade lap around the Giants Stadium since they will be playing that evening. Bring some lights because some of us will continue on through the night cruising around the city. Chime in here if you are going. I know my Cyclone Coaster gang will mske the trip up for this one.

Sounds like blast Chris! I think my girl and I might be be able to time our trip back from Portland so we can meet up with the Rolling Relics for this ride. Gonna have to bum a couple rides tho if possible.

i'm in for sure.riding a never before seen on a relics ride 50 straightbar.just had slick go through the rear hub so it actually has brakes now.
on another happy note,just heard on the news that lombard street WILL be open on weekends now.they shut it down to cars every weekend to see if it helped calm the residents.they said it was worse without the cars.

Always a great time with the Rolling Relics .....

Great area to ride with the Rolling Relics ... we have done this ride with Slick - Karla & the riders of Rolling Relics for the last few years who host a great leg in their schedule of rides each year ... The usual suspects from CYCLONE COASTER will be there again this year to ride another vintage ride in & around San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge & back to tackle Lombard street on vintage bicycles & we always bring lights so we have no time limit to our trek up north .... If you can make the ride ... DO IT .... It is worth the drive ... we look forward to seeing our friends - our family of riders up north ... Ride Vintage ... Frank

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Frank and other CC riders...Where you guys staying? Looks like we'll be there Friday night 'til Sunday morning. Gotta find a good local motel to stay at. Any ideas?

Mike, hotels are expensive in the city especially this close to the ride. Like $200-300 a night. Look on the typical hotel sites Karla suggested. She does all our rooms whenever we go anywhere. We are just going for the day but will ride on into the night for the midnight ride like 2 years ago.

Hey Frank and other CC riders...Where you guys staying? Looks like we'll be there Friday night 'til Sunday morning. Gotta find a good local motel to stay at. Any ideas?

Hey, Mike.
Typically, we stay outside the city, and then drive in, the morning of the ride. There is a public parking lot not far from where the ride begins.
If anybody wants to tackle the Lombard Street down hill experience, be sure your bike has capable brakes, and expect them to be smoking hot at the bottom. Whatever you do, do not! touch your hub. It will brand you for life.
Unless of course that is something you're into. New Departure Model D could be kind of cool permanently burned into your flesh.

Weather is a toss up. It could be a nice sunny day, but it more likely will be cold and dreary. Remember what Mark Twain said. The coldest Winter he ever spent, was a Summer in San Francisco. Bring a Flannel. You're going to need it.
I also read that the safety police have won their battle to keep those with suicidal tendencies from jumping off the bridge, and they will be erecting safety nets, so this will probably be the last year, that you can see the bridge the way the architects originally intended. It may never be as beautiful open and free ever again.

Hey, Mike.
If anybody wants to tackle the Lombard Street down hill experience, be sure your bike has capable brakes, and expect them to be smoking hot at the bottom. Whatever you do, do not! touch your hub. It will brand you for life.
Unless of course that is something you're into. New Departure Model D could be kind of cool permanently burned into your flesh.
(/QUOTE]

all the hubs were puking out some awful black grease by the end.looked like a bunch of old harleys.

Back