When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday what Schwinns did we find this week 7-13-14

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vintage2wheel

I live for the CABE
Suspended
It's Sunday what prewar/vintage Schwinn bikes-parts-history did we find this week???

Post some pics and tell us the story behind the find!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this one two weeks ago. The serial number makes it a 1950 D-19.(Aug 18 1950). I have already disassembled the bike and it hasn't been easy. I still can't get the kick stand off and I had to (reluctantly) drill the fender bolt out from underneath the fork (the bolt head broke off). The wheels are in good shape. They are going to get a de-rusting pretty soon. The chainguard, I have been told ,is from a Ross bicycle. The seat and handle bar will go bye bye also. I am currently looking for the proper fenders and considering adding a tank to it. It was originally dark maroon and white (I think ?)
Not sure what to offer the person who is selling it to me. He just said to take it and come up with a a value.

DSCN4223_zpsf106f086-1.jpg

Obtained an original 1948 Schwinn B607, maroon and ivory at
Portland, Ind yesterday!
Great find!
Just like my first bike bake in '48.
Just like my first bike bake in '48.
MY 48 SCHWINN.jpg

Last edited:
Some will not believe it- but I bought a schwinn- will have it in the show at howes!

and a middleweight no less!

mw2.jpg

mw1.jpg

Back