When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Sierra time capsule

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Visited my wife's parents in Colorado last week and was bored so I checked the local CL. This one popped up so I decided to go have a look see knowing it was a two year only bike.. Driving over I decided that it would have to impress me as I would have to get a box, pipe foam, zip ties and tape not to mention pay to ship it home. Another thing I was going to be critical of was the 15 speed screen on the top bar as they usually get waxed off. Got there and met the seller who bought it new. He said he bought it and got a car a year later so it was only ridden for a year. Well I was taken back by the condition as I thought with detailing it would be awesome. But I played it cool and shot him a number he did not like and I did not like his price. We danced around for a while and he pulled a "picker" and said lets flip for it. Winner gets his price. I wanted it so said sure and it fell my way. Other than a few chips in the seat mast decal it almost looks new. The 15 speed screen is perfect. The bar tape is original and was not even dirty! Hard to believe for 50 years old. Still had the original rear tire on it. A very nice compliment to my 65 Super Sport.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 203
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 197
  • P1010035.jpg
    P1010035.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
I really like those Sierra's. Must have missed that one on Craigslist. I usually check most days.

Your's is really nice and clean.

Bob

Green with envy!

Nice bike! Haven't heard of the Schwinn Sierra until now. Are you going to take it to any shows or ride it?

Beautiful bike, had not heard of a Sierra until reading this. Never knew there was a 15 speed also, always thought they were all 10 speeds after the 8 speed.

Wow, that is the nicest one I've ever seen and I'm so glad it fell into your hands! Because it is so original I'd love to see a detailed list of the components (and close-up pics thereof), which would greatly aid those researching and restoring these in the future. That is a benchmark bike!

Back