When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Shortening

-

wrongway

I live for the CABE
Has anyone tried to shorten a bike frame to make it rideable for someone who isn't tall enough? I thought about having this done to a '64 Huffy Sportsman, but it would need to have the seat tube shortened about 3". Any thoughts?

I would just get a smaller bike like a 24" and save all the trouble. V/r Shawn

assuming you really love one of your frames...you could always just get smaller rims/tires

or there is always this option a la "temple of doom" :)

Indiana+Jones+-+Temple-107.jpg

How tall are you? I'm going to guess that you need a 24" wheel size bike but trying to find a 24" huffy Sportsman will be quite an undertaking; I've never heard of nor seen such a thing. Schwinn DID build a 24" Varsity and those are very rare but not valuable. One of my friends found one, rebuilt it and repaired what was broken, then flipped it. It was a hard bike to sell.

I have the reverse need... does anybody have a vacuum pump big enough for bicycle enlargement?
Chris

It's for my wife. I could actually use a taller bike, but it's hard to find her something she likes that fits and is affordable. I wish I could afford to buy her that brand new bike that she really wants.......

It's for my wife. I could actually use a taller bike, but it's hard to find her something she likes that fits and is affordable. I wish I could afford to buy her that brand new bike that she really wants.......

what's the one she really wants?

Back