When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crank out of Schwinn WZ?

-

oquinn

Wore out three sets of tires already!
The crank number says 3620 a. Does it look like it could be bent? I laid a small straight edge across the threads it seemed ok.But looking at it?
bike 072.jpg
bike 073.jpg

screw a bolt into each pedal hole, then see if the lines extended through the pedal bolts and a line through the center of the crank are all parallel.

Wow that sound really confusing.

But they never told me I was the smartest kid on the street!

screw a bolt into each pedal hole, then see if the lines extended through the pedal bolts and a line through the center of the crank are all parallel.

I don't know that everybody has a 1/2-20 reverse threaded bolt laying around ;) hell, I've got thousands upon thousands of bolts and I doubt I have one.. I do have bare pedal shafts though.

And regarding the crank, it looks like the one arm is designed to jut out further than a standard Schwinn crank to extend beyond the drive belt and other goodies. It may just look off because it's different than what we're used to seeing. I don't know if this is true, but it seems logical.

It's the other side that i'm concerned about.

I am pretty sure the belt side was made special for the belt or exaust pipe. but the sprocket side looks like it curves in at the top!

Back