When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wbyers

On Training Wheels
Hi Schwinn Forum,
I found this old Schwinn bicycle at home recently. I remember my dad riding this one my mom having a white Co-Ed Schwinn also (I also found it).
I have the serial number (M223787), tire size (26 x 1 3/8) and part of the name (See picture). Can anyone give me more information on this bike? I want to restore it but am wondering what that would involve. Thanks for any help!
wbyers

Serial Number.jpg

20140725_143351.jpg

Whole Bike.jpg

Schwinn Racer 60's-70's. someone on here can help with the serial number.
Rear bedix kickback 2 speed hub nice feature. Bike in good shape, won't take much to make it perfect.

it looks pretty good already.just grease all the bearings,new tires,and some adjustments.maybe a little polish on the paint and wheels.

Cool Bike

I used to have one, I miss it! 2 speed kickbacks are great.

don't go nuts, wash/wax, hit that chrome with some nev-r-dull, grease and ride. and maybe some new tires..

That Racer is in pretty nice shape. Like the others said, just clean it up. The decals appear to be in great condition but the chainguard screening isn't so great. A new guard decal could be installed pretty easily.
The serial number was recorded 12/13 of 1962 so the bike would be a 1963 model.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks so much for your quick replies. I will keep you posted and show some pix when restored. The Co-ed I have is in much worse shape and may go to a local restorer in town.
Keep spinning those wheels...

Restore!!!!!!!!!

That bike is already in great shape. It's only original once. Clean it Grease it and Ride it! Enjoy:cool:

Back