When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opening up a Corvette pedal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Wanting to lubricate the bearings without destroying the cap. A wise Schwinn sage suggested that I tap the underside of the cap with a screwdriver and hammer. I did, and it hasn't budged. any suggestions?
Having trouble posting photos again.

Yep, that's what you have to do. I use a 12"+ long screwdriver that has maybe a 3/8 wide blade and a very blunt end. Keep hitting it under the lip and rotating from side to side.

Attachments

• Z1A.jpg
    Z1A.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 62
. A wise Schwinn sage suggested that I tap the underside of the cap with a screwdriver and hammer. I did, and it hasn't budged. any suggestions?
[/QUOTE]

Dont lube it.Leave it alone.Really, do pedals really spin so fast that they have to be lubed if they spin.?

Dont lube it.Leave it alone.Really, do pedals really spin so fast that they have to be lubed if they spin.?

I keep the bicycle upside down on the floor in the garage and hand crank on the pedals as fast as I can until I have to change the baseball cards in the spokes again. So yes Vince, it's important that they are kept properly lubed!

Back