When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All finished. 1961 schwinn debutante

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
August of 1960 so I guess this was sold as a 1961. Just wish the white paint on this one was nicer. Did what I could, looks pretty nice. Great rider. Rob. Looks great next to my 1960 jaguar mark Iv.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That Deb is very nice, as it is. I would not try to do anything else to the bike Touching up vintage white paint is more difficult than one would think. That is, because, the white paint is not truly white, anymore. it actually, gets to be more of an antique tannish off white; very hard to match. So unless you can mix your touchup color exact, anything you try will make the bike look worse than it did before you did anything to the original paint.
Nice work, Rob! :)

Jim.

You sure made that look 100% better, and now all the bright parts are happy. ;)

Why would you say it's a 1961 model? The next years models normally started with the mid November serials.

Thanks for that

You sure made that look 100% better, and now all the bright parts are happy. ;)

Why would you say it's a 1961 model? The next years models normally started with the mid November serials.

I was unclear about the break in serial number or months. I always thought that bikes build after August were marketed for the next model year. I also thought that 1961 was the first year to use the starburst badge.

A discussion about the Starburst badge on the other site ended up with few mid year 1960 bikes equipped with that badge. I believe Jeff had a Sept. serial numbered bike with the early Starburst.
The earliest serial number that I have seen where the bike was built the next year was November 16th. In my Corvette registry there were no Corvette 5 speeds built in that week but all November 27th 1961 and later serial numbers were stamped on the 1962 models.

Can we see a close up shot of the badge? There are three known styles.

Last edited:
Back