When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your springer knowledge!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oquinn

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Please share your springer knowledge.How you mount all of the springer parts,how you get them true,how you align everything,how you check for bent or twisted fork blades.It would be an amazing lesson for most of us!Pictures would help lots.

the components at the bottom of the diagram are in order, the long threaded bolt (2870) goes right through everything from right to left
the rest should be pretty easy to figure out, i dont have any pics on hand of an actual springer on a bicycle but im sure there is a bunch on ebay or just google image search or search through threads here youll find plenty

195243_zps1e4343b0-1.jpg

Yea I miss mine too!

I do not have any problem assembling it.Just getting everything runnining straight!

If nothing is bent to start with then a straight forward assembly should be just fine and it should run true. V/r Shawn

Also how do you check the fork blades to see if they are right or?

These are hard things to check!

If the fork will not run straight when you ride "no hands" the fork legs are not in alignment. They might look OK but always tend to go to one side. They are not easy to fix if slightly bent or twisted.

Turn the bike over and remove the front wheel.

Push a straight rod thru the hole on one fork leg and rest it in the u of the other fork leg.

Look for the rod to be parallel with the pivot bolt and see if it is inline with the center line of the head tube frame bearing opening by looking down on it towards the frame.

Those should tell you if anything is out of whack

Back