When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a couple of nice old Schwinns recently

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indiana dave

Finally riding a big boys bike
I seem to be having a run of good luck on old bikes lately.
Wife found the yellow on at a garage sale, and I picked up the blue one down the street at a house where they almost always have a few old bikes out front for sale. Usually they are Walmart junk, but this time they had a couple good old bikes.

Schwinn Speedster.jpg

Shwinn Collegiate.jpg

Yellow one is already cleaned and polished and sold to a friend for his mom. Just need to install new tires, tubes, and brake pads for her. The Schwinn special tires already bit me. Ordered the wrong tires.
Rides and shifts great without any work at all.

Blue one is being refurbished. It's a 24" Speedster, with the internal 3-speed rear hub. This one is a freewheel. Need to get a few small bits for the rear Sturmey Archer internal hub. Chrome is cleaning up nicely.

Cooincendently, the first video that came up when I searched for a how-to on the rear hub, was "The Bike Guy for U" and he is working on the exact same bike, except his is a coaster braker rear hub, and this one has a freewheel. Is one more or less common than the other?
That guy is a character, but is very helpful, and I could spend hours watching and learning from him.

The blue bike will be for sale once I get it refurbished, unless someone is interested in it as-is.

Back