When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Sunday what Schwinns did we find this week??? 8-17-14

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vintage2wheel

I live for the CABE
Suspended
It's Sunday what prewar/vintage Schwinn bikes-parts-history did we find this week???

Post some pics and tell us the story behind the find!!!

Michaels latest Schwinn

Michael picked this up 30 miles from home off a cl ad, the frame has been repainted and it has the wrong fenders, but the tank still has its original paint so he is going to use it on his original paint 40 DX (2nd pic) that he picked up this spring, we will post more pictures of the 40 DX when he gets the tank on and gets the bike cleaned and detailed, thank you all for the help so far, we really do appreciate it, Mark & Michael
IMG_6465.jpg
IMG_6349.jpg

Sting-Ray's

Picked up a 1964 Flamboyant Lime Deluxe Sting-Ray that will make a nice original , and a 5 speed Flamboyant Red Sting-Ray.
Lee :cool:

Attachments

• CAM00621.jpg
    CAM00621.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 341
  • CAM00618.jpg
    CAM00618.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 342
  • CAM00617.jpg
    CAM00617.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 353
  • CAM00613.jpg
    CAM00613.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 350
Picked up a 1964 Flamboyant Lime Deluxe Sting-Ray that will make a nice original , and a 5 speed Flamboyant Red Sting-Ray.
Lee :cool:

Flamboyant 64 is a great score, ESPECIALY if that's the price tag on the handlebar!!
One of my favorites.

Flamboyant 64 is a great score, ESPECIALY if that's the price tag on the handlebar!!
One of my favorites.
That is the lot#, I bought it via phone bid at an auction , then had to drive 175 miles one way to get it. Hard to find in decent original condition, i will do a before and after when I get it done.
Thanks , Lee :cool:

Picked up a very crusty original owner 1951 standard straightbar (skiptooth) with dealer add-on springer from the original owner (who happened to be selling off his shuttered machete factory property, no joke). Black and ivory. Last saw service in the 1970s. It's a rust bucket, but very original. I don't have the heart to part it out, so it's getting the Nexus 7 treatment (alloy hoops and all, the original chrome S-2s rusted all to hell with brittle spokes) with Quick Brick tires and a skiptooth-ectomy to the drivetrain. When it's done it'll still look like hell, but it'll also go like hell as well. It's all apart (thanks to Liquid Wrench and an electric impact wrench) with the exception of the secondary headset nut (anyone have an 8-point 1 & 9/16" socket to lend?), which will likely have to be surgically removed with the angle grinder.
-Geoff

1955 schwinn metallic red phantom

i picked this metallic red phantom from a fellow caber.... gonna spruce it up....too rusteh for my liking

8/23/14

i picked up a 1974 suburban......a 1972 speedster.....and a 1973 red sting ray.....the sting ray has weak wheels bars and seat.....but the frame is clean as is the chain guard..red sparkle grips are good too......will post sale of frame and parts soon.....anyone interested contact me before sale is posted at > [email protected]
IMG_20140824_111701.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up at a garage sale this weekend.

This was a great pick up, riding condition after new tires and some fender dents taken out.
20140822_193240.jpg

Back