When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is this post war DX?

-

petritl

I live for the CABE
The bike has painted drop center wheel and a skip tooth sprockets which makes me think early post war but the online serial number charts doesn't show the B serial number prefix
20140820_183117_zpsaa55122b-1.jpg

20140820_182636_zps26bdeae2-1.jpg

20140820_183209_zps8f2008ca-1.jpg

Last edited:
Post war Schwinns had forward facing rear dropouts, built in kickstands on some models, independent seat post clamps and chainguard mounting tabs. That's just a few of the most obvious changes. I'm still trying to find out the first year the bottom bracket tube was electro-forged.

Last edited:
46 47....
52 would be stamped in different location. ..

Do you know what year Schwinn started electro forging the bottom bracket shell? As you can see in the pic above this bike's shell was EF. So as early as 46-47, how about prewar?

Last edited:
Location of serial number makes it '51 or earlier. Looks like a fatbar to me, which would make it a '46. If the center curved tube is the same diameter as the top tube, then it's a '46.
-Geoff

Location of serial number makes it '51 or earlier. Looks like a fatbar to me, which would make it a '46. If the center curved tube is the same diameter as the top tube, then it's a '46.
-Geoff
I have had fat bar frames that are 47 48 49 and 50.... but thanks Geoff I didn't know dx frames also had the fat bar feature...

Back