When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy with First Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ryanflathead45

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello All,

I saved a few Schwinn's from the scrap yard. They are a little rough but I did the feel that they should be scraped. One is missing a wheel, but it may be in the barn with other random wheels and things. I'm not sure what type of wheel the bike should have. I'm going to pick up the bikes this afternoon so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Bike in question:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/ryanflathead45/IMG_0667_zpsf7e4ee61.jpg

I'm not sure of the year or model of that bike but it should have the "Schwinn Tubular S-7" rims and more than likely a coaster brake hub. Depending on the year, the rim stamping would be either side stamped or center stamped. Looking at the front fender I'd guess that bike was a middle of the line model and it's not a Typhoon.

Note: Check the size of the front spokes and axle. If it has the heavy gauge spokes and a 3/8" axle the bike may be a Heavy Duty so the S-7 rear wheel would also have the larger gauge spokes.

Last edited:
Heavy Duti

GT's right... Heavy Duti for sure...right down to the caliper style rear fender mount that was used for coaster hubs and the 7884 bars which I think should be marked on the bars under the stem clamp. These clean up nicely as tough old riders. I have a few of them. The missing wheel is Bendix red band with the heavier spokes.

If you don't feel the need to track down the original S-7 wheels, this bike will also take standard 26" cruiser wheels.
Cheers, Geoff

Thank you all for the fast replies even with my very limited amount of information. That picture by the barn was the only information that I had at the time. A friend at work was cleaning out a barn and was talking about scraping old bicycles. I said hold on what kind are they and send me some picture of what you have.

You were correct I can see the words Heavy Duti on the chaingard very faintly. We found the wheel that was on it sadly it looks like someone took the tire off with a crowbar, and it is missing a few spokes. I'm going to post some pictures in the Schwinns found this week thread.

Back