When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

satin clear

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
heres my 58 columbia satin clear over original paint
PIC_0002_zpsaedace4e-1.jpg

Just curious why someone (you?) would spray clear over original paint? Not that I think it matters too much on this bike but once this is done you no longer have an original paint bike. V/r Shawn

wanted to clean it up without spending a lot of money as i see on here now and then,been in the its gotta be restoerd deal ang i think that has passed its time,im having more fun using my imagination to do somthing that makes me feel good instead not putting 2 or 3 times into a bike than i would want to cause i really try to keep in mind now that these are just bikes andonly once in awhile bringing clode to what a show redisfration costs,ihat was ok 10 yrs ago but that time is passed,i used topersoally interact with at least 250 people and non of them though my bikes were whorth 10 times what a big box bikebcould be had for,i think the hobby is in transition and am lookin for where itd going to go,but bottom line is do what trips yout trigger

The Columbia middleweights don't get much love, and it's a shame! I personally think they're as neat as the Schwinns of the same era. I have three rough Western Flyer badged, and 61 and 62 Hiway Patrols. Someday, I'll have a Firebolt!

The Columbia middleweights don't get much love, and it's a shame! I personally think they're as neat as the Schwinns of the same era. I have three rough Western Flyer badged, and 61 and 62 Hiway Patrols. Someday, I'll have a Firebolt!
I'd have loved to grab up that orange/white Firebolt that was at the Eden show.

It just follows with their ballooners. I think a Five Star Superb is every bit as good as a Phantom but these bikes can be tough to sell much above $1k while a comparable Phantom will move at $1400-1500 pretty easy. V/r Shawn

With toy trains its Lionel, with bikes it's Schwinn

It just follows with their ballooners. I think a Five Star Superb is every bit as good as a Phantom but these bikes can be tough to sell much above $1k while a comparable Phantom will move at $1400-1500 pretty easy. V/r Shawn

I don't ever remember finding a Schwinn after going to someone's home who claimed they had "an old Schwinn" for sale.

It's name recognition. Same reason people ask for a Coke or Kleenex when they wand a soda or tissue.

Schwinn's marketing program was ubiquitous and they actually outsold many of the other brands, so for those like me who want a "bike like they had as a kid," Schwinn usually wins.

I'm a perfect example as I had a Phantom and a Tornado, but no Columbias.

I don't ever remember finding a Schwinn after going to someone's home who claimed they had "an old Schwinn" for sale.

It's name recognition. Same reason people ask for a Coke or Kleenex when they wand a soda or tissue.

Schwinn's marketing program was ubiquitous and they actually outsold many of the other brands, so for those like me who want a "bike like they had as a kid," Schwinn usually wins.

I'm a perfect example as I had a Phantom and a Tornado, but no Columbias.

completely agree. i rode one of my rollfast tank bikes to the post office and some guy in the thickiest staten island accent asked me "hey ova deh, is data a schwinns?" ... yes he pluralized schwinn. :)

Back