When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow hub, excessive travel from drive to brake

-

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
I've always avoided Morrow hubs, but now have one on a bike that is going to be for sale. Overhauled it, left the brake-arm side together, there's an unacceptable amount of travel from brake to drive and vice versa. No chipped teeth or excessive wear that I saw...easy fix anyone?

is there side to side play? maybe whole assy. needs to be tightened together....?

..I'm serious, I redid one too, and had the same problem... wasn't quite tight enough(parts weren't quite aligned?)

Last edited:
Ive only had three... they all seem to have a sorta excessive travel when comparing to say new departure. But maybe mine are screwed up to! One of mine I can feel not hear a pop when braking and starting to pedal forward...

Is the spring intact? Morrows are interesting. I like them. Less parts to screw with and they work great! I've never had trouble though and all I do is follow the rebuild instructions.

I've always avoided Morrow hubs, but now have one on a bike that is going to be for sale. Overhauled it, left the brake-arm side together, there's an unacceptable amount of travel from brake to drive and vice versa.....

Perhaps this time you should have taken the brake side apart. :( I suspect that the airgap between those 2 parts seperated by the spring is too wide.

Back