When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow hub, excessive travel from drive to brake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
I've always avoided Morrow hubs, but now have one on a bike that is going to be for sale. Overhauled it, left the brake-arm side together, there's an unacceptable amount of travel from brake to drive and vice versa. No chipped teeth or excessive wear that I saw...easy fix anyone?

is there side to side play? maybe whole assy. needs to be tightened together....?

..I'm serious, I redid one too, and had the same problem... wasn't quite tight enough(parts weren't quite aligned?)

Last edited:
Ive only had three... they all seem to have a sorta excessive travel when comparing to say new departure. But maybe mine are screwed up to! One of mine I can feel not hear a pop when braking and starting to pedal forward...

Is the spring intact? Morrows are interesting. I like them. Less parts to screw with and they work great! I've never had trouble though and all I do is follow the rebuild instructions.

I've always avoided Morrow hubs, but now have one on a bike that is going to be for sale. Overhauled it, left the brake-arm side together, there's an unacceptable amount of travel from brake to drive and vice versa.....

Perhaps this time you should have taken the brake side apart. :( I suspect that the airgap between those 2 parts seperated by the spring is too wide.

Back