When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Team Mongoose

-

phantomVW

Look Ma, No Hands!
This bicycle is all original from the grips to the tires. Here list of all the goodies on this beauty!

Team Frame and fork has original candy blue paint and decals that shines like new.
Dura-ace 170 cranks with 39 tooth sprocket & KKT RT pedals & KMC chain
Suede Kashimax Mongoose stamped logo seat & stainless seat post & Mongoose stamped seat clamp
Stainless handle bars, Mongoose grips, Gold stem neck with original pads
Araya rims, Shimano hubs & 14 tooth rear sprocket & Mongoose ski wall tires

This bicycle sat hanging on a wall in a local bicycle shop for about 20 years after it was taken in on trade around 1992. It has to be one of the best examples of a true survivor!
It's only original once!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 868
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 3,156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 883
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 880
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 765
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 878
Wow! That's killer.

A friend of mine from our old neiborhood had a mongoose just like this. I had a decoster. Great memories. Awesome bike. Rob.

1980 All original team mongoose...

A friend of mine from our old neiborhood had a mongoose just like this. I had a decoster. Great memories. Awesome bike. Rob.
Thanks..... Yes indeed great memories on a mongoose or Schwinn and at your local small bicycle shops. You could always find me at one of two shops Flowers Bicycle and Lawn or Walker n Sons.

Back