When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there an AEROCYCLE thread that compares features/paint etc over the years

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've not seen one but in my brief research it seems the '34-5 models have the same paint scheme. The '36 model has a different paint scheme on the fenders-like the Autocycle. Also the '36 has a fork stop to keep the truss rods from hitting the tank. I actually think this feature may have been introduced sometime in '35 though based on my observations. What is it specifically you are looking for? V/r Shawn

tthe gray matter I lost

I stopped studying schwinn a long time ago cause I had most of them and had lots of catalogs but now memory is fading and I would like to refresh the details
thanks!

Also the '36 has a fork stop to keep the truss rods from hitting the tank. I actually think this feature may have been introduced sometime in '35 though based on my observations.

The 34 models didn't have an alphabet prefix in the serial number, so they are easy to identify. The fork stop shows up on some 34 models.
The old school of thought, was that only the 36 models had the fork stop.
I'm of the thought that 36 was a run out year for the model, and that 35 was the actual last year of manufacture. I would love to see some production numbers for the various years, because I would be really surprised if Schwinn was cranking out Aerocycles in the same year that the Cyclock equipped Autocycle and Motorbike were issued.

That sounds more correct, my '34 had the fork stop (broke off at some point in it's life)...Are there actually aerocycle frames out there that never had stops? Or did they just appear that way because the stop broke off?

Also the '36 has a fork stop to keep the truss rods from hitting the tank. I actually think this feature may have been introduced sometime in '35 though based on my observations.

The 34 models didn't have an alphabet prefix in the serial number, so they are easy to identify. The fork stop shows up on some 34 models.
The old school of thought, was that only the 36 models had the fork stop.
I'm of the thought that 36 was a run out year for the model, and that 35 was the actual last year of manufacture. I would love to see some production numbers for the various years, because I would be really surprised if Schwinn was cranking out Aerocycles in the same year that the Cyclock equipped Autocycle and Motorbike were issued.

I would tend to agree with Marty about '36 being the run out year and I, too, would be surprised if they were offered for the full year. My bike actually has a '35 serial number but has the '36 only paint scheme on the fenders which I assume was copied from the original pattern. I would really love to see a pic of my bike before it was restored (hint, hint Steve). Just curious Marty since yours also has the '36 paint if it has a '36 serial? It would be nice to see someone do some serious research on these so we could get a better picture of what was produced and when to include the Chicago Cycle supply painted bikes in blue/cream, orange/black, green/cream, black/cream, others??? V/r Shawn

My Aero also has the fork stop, and is a 34 model. no alphabet prefix in the serial number.
The only thing about the the paint scheme that I have noticed, that always seems to get lost in translation on restored bikes, is that the dart on the front fender is much smaller and narrower than on other models in the Schwinn lineup.

I didn't think the '34/5 had the fender dart? I thought they just had the outline stripes around the fender? After looking at a bunch of these online there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Most, it seems, have the dart. There are a few with no dart though? Looks like an area ripe for research to me or at least for some of the Schwinn experts to chime in to set us straight. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Can we see all the different colors of Aerocycles out there I'm in the market for a paint job on my 34 Aerocycle? :cool: I like the red & silver, but open to black & tan or Blue & cream.

Back