When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Collegiate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
This weekend I saw this Schwinn at our little local Swap Meet. I passed on it and wonder if I made the right choice. I didn't get a year or serial number. It had a 3 speed hub with coaster brakes and a front caliper brake. I also wasn't a 100% sure my wife could ride it. He was asking $75.00, but offered me $65.00 and I am sure just wants to get rid of everything. Was $65 a good price? I think I can track it down again.
SCHWINN.jpg

That's about what they go for around here. Not a bad deal if you want to ride it since it's way better than Walmart/Target crap but not the deal of the century. Mid 80's bike.

You think it's that new? I have no idea. How long did they produce them with the 3 speed? I almost wonder if this was NOS and never sold before. I say that because it rode sooo smooth, no rattles, no squeaks, no shakes. And, the guy was selling some stuff from a Schwinn shop that was closed.

Yea I think it's a 84. Color Dusty Rose and pretty sure it's was a Giant made bike. The last Chicago made ones were early 80"s

Schwinn

They are good riders and reliable. Lady here in town has one and brings it in for servicing once in awhile. Has a Shimano hub, versus the earlier Schwinn 3 speeds which were Sturmey Archer. She has over 9000 miles on hers and is shooting for 10,000.

The only way I would have bought it is if my significant other just had to have it. Otherwise I don't see a good deal here and certainly no room to make anything on a flip. V/r Shawn

Back