When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Schwinn and need help with info on it...thanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1940 Schwinn Front and Read Drum Brakes

image.jpg
Hey guys,
I've been collecting for about 5 or so years or now and finally picked up a schwinn. Can I please get some info on it?

Lincoln made by Chicago Cycle Supply Company; Serial E25769

Last edited:
any better pics?from what i can see,it's prewar and been repainted.pics of the chainguard side will help also.
looks like a nice bike though.the front drum is cool,but the fork looks to be bent.

1940 Schwinn straightbar

Missing tank and carrier. Cool funky rider with some good parts!

Nice find!

Twin drum brakes, very nice score. Fork is indeed bent, any established shop will have the tools to put it right, though it will need to be removed first. Lots of potential there.
-Geoff

way nice find,the rack and tank if you decide to put them on will make it an awesome find and those 2 parts are way more common than the dual brake setup,and dont worry about the chips,iv heard ppl try to put chips and stuff in just to give the bike fake patina!!!!!!!

Looks like a high visibility paint job to me. Possibly akin to the Brits driving around without their lights on during WWII and painting black and white stripes on everything

if you posr the seial number someone will give you the year,should be under the pedals on the frame or on the left side or the frame where the wheel axle is

Back