When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deluxe 3 speed stingray value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
I am getting a 67' blue deluxe 3 speed stik shift stingray from a friend as a result of a trade. Basically it is all original except for the seat and chain guard. The stik shift was missing but I am buying the correct one from another friend. I am told its in very good condition. the way it sits with the stik shift and a Schwinn speedometer I will have about $350 into it. I figure after I replace the seat and chain guard I will have $500. Since it is a 3 speed and will have all original parts when I'm done how much would I be able to get if I sell it. I am thinking around $900? to much to low? I will get it next week or so and then I will post a pic.

I am getting a 67' blue deluxe 3 speed stik shift stingray from a friend as a result of a trade. Basically it is all original except for the seat and chain guard. The stik shift was missing but I am buying the correct one from another friend. I am told its in very good condition. the way it sits with the stik shift and a Schwinn speedometer I will have about $350 into it. I figure after I replace the seat and chain guard I will have $500. Since it is a 3 speed and will have all original parts when I'm done how much would I be able to get if I sell it. I am thinking around $900? to much to low? I will get it next week or so and then I will post a pic.

I'm not a Stingray guy but I'm thinking you may be doing good to break even on this deal. If you were buying it to keep because you really wanted it that would be a different story but I'm just not seeing much on a flip. V/r Shawn

I was planning on keeping it for a while. I have 2 fastbacks, a regular stingray and a deluxe 3 speed already. I am just thinking of down the line for when a B6 comes along and I need cash quick.

Without pictures it is worth nothing. With pictures that is a different story. The stick shifterer may cost you what the bike is worth although I think some 1967s came with a handle bar mounted SA trigger shifter so that wouldn't be that hard to find. When you get pictures or the bike come back so we can see what you have and really tell you what it is worth. Roger

the shifter is only costing me $100 so by the time I finish finding the seat and chain guard the entire bike will cost between 450-500. I know pictures help and I will get one up as soon as I get the bike

Maybe I am too romantic but what about posterity? These things will outlast our wallets. I vote for doing the bike. Our government is still printing money but no one looks at a pile of cash and asks if they can ride it.

I forgot I even started this thread. Just have to rebuild the back wheel into a 3 speed. Bike is actually a 66' and I found a 66' sturmey hub as well. Back tire is a Duro but I bought an orange krate this weekend that had a repo Schwinn westwind knobby so that will be going on as well. Also put a hyper wham o bar on but ill post that picture tomorrow. I fell in love with this one so its definitely a keeper and will never get sold but I think after seeing it complete a fair value would be $700 but with the wham o bar $1300. Also picking up a 65' red deluxe in a week or so as well.
IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1726.jpg

Last edited:
Back