When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikeflight Shipping

-

josehuerta

Finally riding a big boys bike
Trying to get a bike to Moscow, Russia for the son of a Caber and Bikeflights has suspended deliveries there. USPS won't ship a box that big internationally, UPS wants everyone's first born, FedEx is worse. Any ideas?

Break it up in several smaller boxes for USPS?
Chris

I would insure the hell out of it. Depending on rarity and value of bike I would insure each box for the full value of the bike. If 1 box gets lost!!!!!!! Well, you get the picture.

No argument. It's bad enough in the US. It's not a rare bike, but still gotta find a way to get a kid his Schwinn. The USPS idea just may work -

It will work, just 2 boxes will get it done, separating the wheels and more than typical disassembly.
I have done it to ship to Switzerland USPS.
Chris

Dumpster diving tomorrow for the right boxes, always a problem to find them -

I have an answer for that as well...I go around on recycling day ahead of the trucks or the night before if my day is busy.
Sometimes I hit the jackpot and someone has just moved into the neighborhood and there is packing material as well.
Retail stores have such elaborate and sealed dumpsters these days and it's easier to pilfer something inside than trash outside. Not that I would do that.
Chris

Dumpster diving tomorrow for the right boxes, always a problem to find them -

Try the local bike shop. Mine always has a great selection. Sometimes I can even find wheel boxes. And to save $ you can always cut down a full size box to fit the items inside.

Try DHL for ship. For boxes Uhaul, some storage places and some home improvement centers sell boxes for pictures/flat screen tv's. I have used them for frames and wheels. Uhaul Also Sells A Pack Kit For Those boxes. Hope this helps out good luck with you shipping.

Back