When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Clyde Dunaway Schwinn Shop (SCORES)

-

American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Clyde Dunaway passed away earlier this year and left his shop to the family,

I was the first in the door at the sale this morning and grabbed some things.

90 years of Schwinn stuff all in one.

shop.jpg

stuff.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the liquidator called me about a month ago and to be honest I was fairly disappointed. Yea there was the Schwinn box and a few other things but for a shop that had been there that long I was kinda hoping for some real treasures. I had my reservations though because I had known the owner and he was pretty frugal. I had asked him on occasion if he had any NOS and he always said "no" but I didn't know if he was sandbagging or not until the liquidator called me. I'm glad you found some things you liked. You came right past the house--shoulda stopped by! V/r Shawn

Actually the liquidator called me about a month ago and to be honest I was fairly disappointed. Yea there was the Schwinn box and a few other things but for a shop that had been there that long I was kinda hoping for some real treasures. I had my reservations though because I had known the owner and he was pretty frugal. I had asked him on occasion if he had any NOS and he always said "no" but I didn't know if he was sandbagging or not until the liquidator called me. I'm glad you found some things you liked. You came right past the house--shoulda stopped by! V/r Shawn

I've been meaning to stop by! Couldn't remember if you were in that part of town or not. Honestly I expected to see you there today.

The dealer newspapers and catalogs were probably the best scores. Packed with info especially the 1963 papers.

The Schwinn and Morrow boxes went for a great deal. That's why I woke up at 3:30 am and was in the doors at 7:00!! Hah

Sad to see the end of an era, but glad to see that stuff isn't going to end up in a landfill.
Congrats, on the acquisitions! Extra special knowing the shop it all came from and the history behind it.

Fun

Man, throw in a hot cup of coffee and a walk with my dogs and that would be the perfect morning.

Tradition

why like this bro

Fair question. Poking around for cool bike stuff in a sweet old brick building... distracted by the spirit of the owner who refuses to leave until every precious part has a home...bro that's just pure gold.

Back