When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Corvetes!

-

bikewonder

Look Ma, No Hands!
Guys I'm stoked! A old man thats a neighbor of my parents since I was a kid has seen me rollin coal past his house in my 99 superduty when I go to my parents and knows I do my own work on my rig. SO today he walks over to there house and asks me if I think I can swap a trans out of his 96 F250 for 4 hundo HELL YEAH I CAN I said! So we go over to look at all the stuff he bought and what do I see hangin from the rafters? 2 3 speed Corvetes! THey both have hocky stick chaingaurds so I know there before 59. I asked him what he' gonna do wit them and he said prolly nothing why? I said I'd like to buy them and he said we can talk after I'm done with the trans! When he went in I got these pic (sorry for crappy phone What should a fair offer be for these?

Attachments

• Misc 018.jpg
    Misc 018.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Misc 019.jpg
    Misc 019.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Nope, your in the right place. These aren't really in my area so I 'll defer on what I think value is but I think we will need better pics to see if everything is original and what the paint looks like. V/r Shawn

Thanks I thought I messed up. I prolly won't be abl to get better pics becuase these are in the neighbors garage and he didn't know I took these. I'm going to work in there this weekend but I kinda hopped to know what I should offer for those before then thanks though

Bummer they are missing the front racks....looks like red one has wrong pedals and seat. The girl's Corvettes are not real common. They'd be under $200 each around here with the missing parts, I'd say $300 for the pair would be a decent buy, but the racks and seats could cost you $100 each for nice ones.

Darcie

Last edited:
Corvettes

If you do him a great job on the trans swap, he'll probably just give you the bikes..
Don't be in a hurry to make him an offer. The bikes aren't going anywhere soon
except perhaps to you on completion of your job.

Good luck!

Bummer they are missing the front racks....looks like red one has wrong pedals and seat. The girl's Corvettes are not real common. They'd be under $200 each around here with the missing parts, I'd say $300 for the pair would be a decent buy, but the racks and seats could cost you $100 each for nice ones.

Darcie

+! and a thumbs up.

The parts alone if in decent shape are worth more than 300 also. From looking at the boys bars I'd guess it's a 55 56 model. Can't tell on the girls though.

Looks like the boy's Corvette had some work done in the 1960s. Genny light replacing the missing Delta ball light, replacement block pedals, the S seat, the blackwall tires. And yes, missing the double-hinge front rack. The seat looks to be a decent upgrade, not a bad thing, but also not "correct". I'm going to guess '58 on the boy's based on the stem. It'll take a fair amount of work to make it ride nice again, grease in all the bearings, oil in the rear hub, fresh brake pads (Kool Stop Continentals filed to match the profile of the rim is my recommendation) and possibly new tires and tubes.

The girl's bike is missing all the "money" pieces except the fenders. Personally, I don't see a whole lot of value in that one, although it likely wouldn't be hard to put it back together and make a functional bike out of it. Or keep it around for spare parts for the boy's Corvette.

$200 would be a good price, and likely more than he would get by putting them in a yard sale or similar. I feel that $300 would be local "retail" for these bikes, though they would likely bring more on eBay etc etc. Try not to be too eager about the bikes, as this can sometimes make folks think that they have really rare stuff. But yeah, I'd be inclined to get him to name a price first, as he might be happy letting them go to a "good home" for like $50 after you get his transmission done.

-Geoff

Back