When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some ideas and suggestions PLEEEZ

-

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
I want to display my bike on the ledge here in the entryway. Max width is 14". Looking for something simple to place bike up there erect without using the kick stand, safe enough so the bike won't tip if someone accidentally pushes it. Having multiple brain farts trying to get ideas............

Attachments

• 100_1412.jpg
    100_1412.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_1411.jpg
    100_1411.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
couple 100 lb test fisihing lines

to the ceiling joist- probably get away with 25lb or something dont want rope.
I did hang a hinged drop down shelf in my shop with bicycle chains.

Was looking more to attach the bike to the ledge itself. Thanks tho for the idea!

Think of a tube shape with an inner shape/dimension slightly larger than the crank arm.
This tube shape would have a slice wide enough to allow the pedal spindle to slide into.

There are some commercial crank arm display stands which could be used. The stand would be securely mounted to your surface and (usually the non drive side) arm slipped in,

The commercial type of stand may need some type of modification to meet your needs.

Sunlite brand makes one, and I would think others.

I saw bike stands that were "C" shaped tubing--only square and the "C" was more closed in---the bikes crank arm slid into the up-right tube and the pedal stuck out(through the slot) holding the bike up. You would need to attach the tube to your base but it's simple and clean.

Fishing lines spaced far apart: one to each side of bar, one through the rear wheel. The 3 points of contact will prevent the headset/fork from turning and suspend the bike in an upright position so it appears to be standing on the ledge.
Basically a way a bike is strapped into the bed of a truck, but from above rather than below.
edit: Guessing you want to take the bike down and replace easily, so the crank arm bracket would be better.

Back