When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther front fender question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Wandering if a front panther fender will work with a regular schwinn flat blade fork. Thanks, rob.

Assuming BALLOON IF you drill an extra hole

The way to tell truss fenders from (early) springer is that the springer has a bracket that has the fender mount drilled BEHIND the springer legs SCHWINN guys should be able to clear this up.

Wandering if a front panther fender will work with a regular schwinn flat blade fork. Thanks, rob.
You would have to drill a new mounting hole since all panthers I've seen are springers. I don't think the indents would fit properly on a blade fork either... so I'd say no

Last edited:
Are the late springer fork (hole drilled thoguh leg) spinger fenders (phantom panther

You would have to drill a new mounting hole since all panthers I've seen are springers. I don't think the indents would fit properly on a blade fork either...

II) etc diff from truss forks? no need since the screw goes straight up the steer tube on truss and later spingers-- but I am not a schwinn guy so maybe there are more details- the early springer useses a bracket that places the screw BEHIND the center...

NOTE POSITION OF EARLY POST WAR SPRINGER HOLE:
fend125a2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys...

I have a chance to buy these fenders( ok condition). Thought they would look cool but I'll just throw the original ones back on.

No og panther fenders have the correct hole position for a blade fork. the true Panther died in what like 54?... that late leg through Springer was what? 56 57? Plus indents on a panther fender are not made for a blade fork...

Last edited:
thanks schiwoobiiii

No og panther fenders have the correct hole position for a blade fork. Balloon Panther died in what like 54?... that late leg through Springer was what? 56? Plus indents on a panther fender are not made for a blade fork...

I deal with schwinns for cash prefer the off brands for the house

I have 2 schwinns

There might be some aftermarket fender.... I'm glad you don't keep your schwinns :) course at this moment nor do I lol

one whizzer I will keep till finished and a later panther canti MW I would like to off trade for a cool early bike part- we are gettign off line here sorry

Back