When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My fathers 10 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eddy45

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got this out today I am going to put it on eBay as soon as the bike boxes show up its a not often seen Western Flyer 10 Speed orange in color suicide shift my dad bought it brand new in Texas 1972 or 73 its very light weight and all shimano hardware nice for its day hopefully someone can restore it to its original condition. just wanted to show it to the cabe today.

Attachments

• DSC05596.JPG
    DSC05596.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC05597.JPG
    DSC05597.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC05598.JPG
    DSC05598.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC05599.JPG
    DSC05599.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 192
When you write the ad that is not a suicide shift bike. It is just missing one of the shifters. It is a down tube shift bike. Roger

thanks roger but I think if I tried to ride this thing it would be suicide;)

Roger maybe you know? he bought this at a western auto store and it says that on the head badge so did they make it or did murry make it for western flyer or who? just trying to figure it all out its a quality made bike so whoever actually made it new what they were doing

if that crankset is original, and with the lugged frame, I doubt if the bike was built by Murray. I would guess a Japanese import.

Either Japanese/Tiawanese import (as said above) or could be Eastern Europe. I would lean toward Asian import bike boom bike. Roger

The handle bars say SAKAE ROAD CHAMPION and seat post says MADE IN JAPAN the frame is stamped 2FC0108 under that is MIY0108A72 under that is 1003454 so its jap import

As a suggestion you may want to try and sell this locally on CL first. I think shipping to anywhere will be more than the bike is worth. V/r Shawn

Back