When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preserving old tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

squeedals

I live for the CABE
OK........is there anything we can put on an old cracked tire to preserve it? I'm talking white 1920's clincher. I don't plan on riding on them, just want to slow the deterioration process a bit and display.

Don

I have wanted to try Ultraguard but have only seen it online. Do any stores sell it? The price plus shipping for one bottle is ridiculous.

About a year ago, in lieu of using the Ultraguard (because I didn't have any), I used leather dressing on the rubber housing on one of my Deltaflex reflectors. There was plenty of cracking in the rubber. The cracks seemed to heal for the most part, with about 3 applications in a weeks time. The worst ones were about 85 percent better. Now when I look at it, I'm still as pleased with the results, but gave it another helping of leather dressing just for good measure. I saw no deterioration. Would this work on tires? Probably. Use this suggestion at your own risk, as I claim no responsibility for damaged parts.

Dave, just curious what type or brand of leather dressing did you use?

Ya never know, it may work... Just so it doesn't leave the old tires too shiny. :)

Last edited:
Langlitz. It's a local company. I swear by the stuff. I use it on all my seats. Does not leave a shine after its absorbed into material.
http://www.langlitz.com/leather-dressing/

leather_dressing-300x300.jpg

Back