When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

using old womans model as a parts bike?

-

scale

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a old monarch frame i want to build up and have an old womans model that i can use for parts. WIll they work? Are the cranks the same length for instance? The saddle clearly is the womans model saddle. Much lighter weight springs etc.

welll hard to tell based on your info

since it does not seem like you are hurting anything just try- sometimes they interchange- sometimes no

44t on the front and 20 on the rear.....
I am not sure what the normal gearing is for a older bike like this. I might want a few less teeth in the rear but i can start with this.

44t on the front and 20 on the rear.....
I am not sure what the normal gearing is for a older bike like this. I might want a few less teeth in the rear but i can start with this.

Is the monark frame a boys model,count the teeth on the boys and see if that is 44t and count the girls.

Most everything except some rims, and fenders and some trim parts

The handlebars, seat,pedals,crank,sprocket, rear hub cog, fork tube are different.

Back