When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The next Cyclone Coasters ride is on Pearl Harbor Day

-

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Joe and I thought it would be cool to do a salute to our grandfathers who were both in the Navy During WW2. Mine flew off the Salamala Bay carrier and I made a shirt to wear on the ride with a drawing of the flying scorpion patch that was on his flight jacket.

image.jpg

I love it!
I've got a wartime Cycletruck with a "Remember Pearl Harbor" plate topper on the back fender.
I'll ride that.

Joe already shot the idea my way of ........

I like the idea - Joe actually sent me a PM on a few days back too - On how it would be great to honor Pearl Harbor day by dressing up in period correct clothes on period correct bicycles -

I like the idea - but I don't own anything like that - now I do have a bicycle that can represent - a 1941 Blue & ivory Schwinn straightbar with red pins ... Cyclone Coaster is a large group - but I don't have email addys or phone numbers for most of the people who ride with us since the group has a broad following from people all around the world with 70 - 100 strong that basically ride every month & the other half 70 - 200 riders may ride a few times a year with I would say thousands over the years that have show up to ride or simply admire from as far away as Paris, France & Brazil .. with fans as far as the Philippines & Russia .....

This is a perfect example of how a theme ride starts -

Since there are several of you with similar ideas for next months ride & a Pearl Harbor day theme - Show everyone how ideas become themed rides & promote the idea in your circle of riders you know locally - in other forums - on FACEBOOK - instagram - here on thecabe - etc.

I will put the idea on FACEBOOK today - those of you that are on FACEBOOK chime in & show interest ... more exposure = more fun @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride

Ride Vintage

Frank

pearl harbor day POSTER.jpg

Frank, I will make you a shirt for if you hook me up with a hat

I like the idea - Joe actually sent me a PM on a few days back too - On how it would be great to honor Pearl Harbor day by dressing up in period correct clothes on period correct bicycles -

I like the idea - but I don't own anything like that - now I do have a bicycle that can represent - a 1941 Blue & ivory Schwinn straightbar with red pins ... Cyclone Coaster is a large group - but I don't have email addys or phone numbers for most of the people who ride with us since the group has a broad following from people all around the world with 70 - 100 strong that basically ride every month & the other half 70 - 200 riders may ride a few times a year with I would say thousands over the years that have show up to ride or simply admire from as far away as Paris, France & Brazil .. with fans as far as the Philippines & Russia .....

This is a perfect example of how a theme ride starts -

Since there are several of you with similar ideas for next months ride & a Pearl Harbor day theme - Show everyone how ideas become themed rides & promote the idea in your circle of riders you know locally - in other forums - on FACEBOOK - instagram - here on thecabe - etc.

I will put the idea on FACEBOOK today - those of you that are on FACEBOOK chime in & show interest ... more exposure = more fun @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride

Ride Vintage

Frank

View attachment 178145

Hey Frank,

I'll stencil you up a shirt for one of your old school looking hats. I dig the blue one with the white stitching...if not, bring one of those anyway, I need one.

Hey guys, I don't mind

Hey guys, I don't mind doing shirts for the ride. Just sent a shirt and I'll do my best to do it up....we owe it to them. They are a very amateurly (spelling?) done but it's FREE...lol. Just kick me down with the shirt...or I could just bring the stencils with me to the ride too.

I knocked out two shirts today for the Coaster Dec 7th ride

The first one is Franks. Simple but it's front and back. There was actually a USS Franklin so that's why I went that way. The second is for Joe. So far it's front only but the Sheep with the bomb is drawn for the patch on his grandfathers WW2 flight jacket.
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Back